Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I read about the Ultrasonic humidifier. I'm wondering if I can follow the same steps for the Vicks ultrasonic humidifier that were given for the Kaz to make a humidifier.

Can I use the same parts?

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
ive looked at it but it looks like it could be more of a pain due to how the fog comes out of the machine. if you have harbor freight tools near you, they recently got shipments of the KAZ models.

james

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
got one for 3.99 at Goodwill. worked for over 2 years then the humidifier went out :( Went back to that same goodwill and got another one for 3.99. Point of story is to go search your goodwills first!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i have a reallly tall viv, and i was having issues with humidity at the top, so i did the vicks V5100N and tube 8'6" verticaly to the top of the tank, put the humidifer on a timer. it pushes the water vapor up a 3/4 or 1" tube (cant remember what i went with) just fine! dont know if you really need to have it in a tank thats smaller than 90+ gallons?

but all i did was go to home depot and got a 1 1/2" cap and friction fitted it where the dispensor is at the top.ill shoot a pic when i get home.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the pic.. like that option for attaching the hose..

BTW.. is that an automatic power/solenoid you've got hooked up next to it?

Joe

·
Registered
975 Posts
I used two peices of pvc to cap off mine and then drilled the cap for a peice of hoseing simple and cost me me less than 3 bucks. Only problem i am having is the 3/8th hoseing i am useing the Water condenses and plugs the hose. Tube needs to be bigger and it should work fine.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I used two peices of pvc to cap off mine and then drilled the cap for a peice of hoseing simple and cost me me less than 3 bucks. Only problem i am having is the 3/8th hoseing i am useing the Water condenses and plugs the hose. Tube needs to be bigger and it should work fine.
yes you are correct, anything less than 1/2 will not work, i ended up using the 3/4" elbow at the bottom (the black one in the pic) so that when it did condense it would drop back down into the res.

Thanks for the pic.. like that option for attaching the hose..

BTW.. is that an automatic power/solenoid you've got hooked up next to it?

Joe
that is a recip solenoid, produces 20 bar of pressure that i use to power my misting system(used in expresso machines). i just pull off the humidifers res for the water that i mist with.

this whole system is getting re done as soon as my 40 gal breeder display rack is complete next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts