Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 Phyllobates vittatus. I did have 3 in one tank, and 2 in another. So I decided to put them all together in a larger tank. So I built a new VIV with 2 coco huts, waterfall, lots of plants, etc.

Well, when I put them all together, what I noticed was that one of the Phyllobates vittatus is much larger than the other 4. The other 4 are about the same size, but the 5th one, is very large. It hopped on top of the 2 new ones for about 20 secs or so, and that was it. They all seem to be doing fine, but I wonder is that a dominate female? I know at least one of them is a male, as there is some calling that goes on daily.

I have not seen any clutches anywhere, but maybe with the new, larger, better viv there will be some.

Just wanted an idea of why the other one is so much larger, and what is the best way to setup something for them to lay clutches. I did put in 2 black film canisters with the suction cups along side of the viv.. with a bit of water in each.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Do you have a camera? Id like to see pics.

Keep an eye on them and make sure there is no aggression. Vittatus should be ok together, but Id still watch for aggression and skinny frogs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts