Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently at the Tampa expo and ran into Bill Schwin there. I wasnt really looking for any new animals but Bill happened to have a couple of gorgeous little month or two froglets that I really wanted.

It got me thinking that I need to know a little bit more about that morph that I'm not familiar with.

What is an adequate enclosure size. Since its easy for me to get and set up regualr glass aquariums as vert tanks what size is ok for a pair... 10, 15, 20... bigger??

By the way... Bill's a super nice guy and sold me a trio of beautiful g&b auratus!!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Bill's pretty awesome.

Veradero aren't any different from any other imitator. Vertically oriented, heavy leaf litter, lots of bromeliads. If you set up an enclosure _well_ then you can get away with a 10 gallon vert. Personally, I prefer to see imitators in 25 gallons or more. They're far more interesting that way.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I have all my different types of imi pairs in 25 gallon high vivs. Gives me a nice combination of height and floor space.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I keep my pair in a 15 high, leaf litter and sphagnum substrate, I use film canisters on the sides with suction cups laying horizontal, I use the canisters on the floor standing upright half filled with water. I have some branches and a 8 inch clay pot laing on its side with pothos growing crazy in the tank. They lay eggs on inside walls of clay pot, as well as the suction cup canisters, they put the tads in the upright canisters with water in them.I have to say these guys are in my opinion so easy to keep, a caveman could do it:p Bill

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you make your own conversions Bill? Do you keep pairs together or trios...

By the way... I havent stopped thinking about those two... beautiful animals!!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Do you make your own conversions Bill? Do you keep pairs together or trios...

By the way... I havent stopped thinking about those two... beautiful animals!!
No conversions, top opening aquarium. I have just a pair and obviously they are housed together. They are always out and about with the male always calling and the female following laying eggs in the water for tads, Bill

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help Bill... I'll be calling you soon for some froglets!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts