Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I have found that females are much larger and rounder. The males will also call in a heavily misted tank. Female vents also get huge before laying if they are well fed.

G

·
0 Posts
who gets the breeding going first the male or the female? I have 3 really plump females and one really bold male. Also what is there call sound like?

G

·
0 Posts
The call is a buzzing noise. Its not loud like a Leuc, but its noticable. Sounds kind of like a fly coming near your ear except lower in pitch. As for who starts the breeding, I am not sure but I assume the female approaches the calling male and they get it on from there :lol: .

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Good description about the call. The first time I heard it, I spent most of the evening looking for the sound. I didn't realize it was a frog call. It sounded like an electrical buzz.

Murse Jay said:
The call is a buzzing noise. Its not loud like a Leuc, but its noticable. Sounds kind of like a fly coming near you ear except lower in pitch. As for who starts the breeding, I am not sure but I assume the female approaches the calling male and they get it on from there :lol: .

G

·
0 Posts
They love film canisters at 45 degree angle, full of water. They will lay under the water and you can easily pull the canister and dump the eggs into a dish. They will also just hang out in some canisters all day, spending 1/2 of the time under the water. Its pretty cool. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts