Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally had some time over the weekend to put the cage together for our 2nd group of vents. We have updated out site with the pics and all can be viewed at http://www.qualitycaptives.com/Ventrimaculatus.htm, but I wanted to share a few here.

The terrarium, just created



Don't mess with me!!!



Vent












Thanks for looking,

Melis

Edited to put watermarked photos up.
 
G

·
Hi,

Nice frogs and nice tank.. :wink:
Unfortunately we don't have this kind of plastic tanks in europe :cry:

What is the name of the plant on the backwall???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tank is made from acrylic. That surprises me that it is not available in europe.

The plant on the back wall, common name, is a lipstick plant (Aeschynanthus radicans - I think for the scientific name). Here is a link with some good information: http://www.jsonline.com/entree/gardening/jan04/196672.asp

I have used this plant a few times in tanks with a coconut fiber panel (don't confuse this with the coco panel in the vent tank). Within a year, the weight of the plant pulled the background down. Although I have never gotten this plant to bloom in a tank, I still enjoy the plant.

Melis



URBAN FROGZ said:
Hi,

Nice frogs and nice tank.. :wink:
Unfortunately we don't have this kind of plastic tanks in europe :cry:

What is the name of the plant on the backwall???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,823 Posts
Very nice. I really like that piece of wood in there, looks like roots. Are those the tanks that Mark pepper makes? Scott has a bunch of those I believe. Very nice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, these tanks are from someone in Indy. We have been working with him for some time, but there were issues with warping on the doors. This is the first reworked one we got back.

I am hoping we can get the design redone.

Derek Benson said:
Very nice. I really like that piece of wood in there, looks like roots. Are those the tanks that Mark pepper makes? Scott has a bunch of those I believe. Very nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Melissa,
The leaves look great! How are they working out? Are you in need of more? If so PM me. (I'm the person who collected them and brought them up to IAD for Beth at Waldor Orchids)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
TimStout said:
Melissa,
The leaves look great! How are they working out? Are you in need of more? If so PM me. (I'm the person who collected them and brought them up to IAD for Beth at Waldor Orchids)
Tim,

It's funny you recognize your leaves from the picture! LOL

Anyway, we have decided after trying the leaf litter in a few tanks that we are going to switch over to it in all of our new tanks and any we rebuild. The frogs really seem to enjoy it much more than the moss. Plus we like the look better..........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,230 Posts
I like the leaf litter also and have setup all my new tanks with it.

froglady said:
TimStout said:
Melissa,
The leaves look great! How are they working out? Are you in need of more? If so PM me. (I'm the person who collected them and brought them up to IAD for Beth at Waldor Orchids)
Tim,

It's funny you recognize your leaves from the picture! LOL

Anyway, we have decided after trying the leaf litter in a few tanks that we are going to switch over to it in all of our new tanks and any we rebuild. The frogs really seem to enjoy it much more than the moss. Plus we like the look better..........
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top