Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never had frogs breed for me. So I'm not sure what I am seeing? If those are eggs, is that the way they are supposed to look?

·
Registered
696 Posts
*Bing* You've got eggs!!! Keep your fingers crossed they are fertile! Good luck and keep us posted.
Mike

G

·
I was with David when he found them...it was funny to see his expression. He and I were not expecting them because Sean Stewart said they were still growing. Looks like the trio he sold David is 1.2 ratio. Looks like one of the eggs is completely dark, one is half white and half black, one I can't tell and another is all white.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Definitely eggs, probably not good, but that doesnt matter. They are going to lay again in 4 days i bet. have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Grats. You should put some film canisters in there if you don't already have them, to give them a specific place to lay.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those are definately eggs but they arent any good. They should remain a dark black and not get any cloudiness to them and remain spherical. My vents seem to have a low fertility rate with eggs being around maybe 40% good. Dont be discouraged they will soon lay more eggs than you could imagine coming out of such a small frog. If only I could work out the SLS I would welcome more eggs.

·
Super Moderator
3,604 Posts
Too cool. My vents just laid their first clutch last night, a nice little group of 4 eggs, they were both wiggling in the same axil for about 10 minutes, and I had no idea what was going on, then suddenly I see four little black eggs! I'm hoping to get at least 2 tads out of it, but we'll see! Good luck.

·
Registered
850 Posts
WOW! It must be that time of season. My original breeder vents finally laid a clutch yesterday (its been about 5 or 6 months since they last laid), and my other tank of juvenile vents laid their first clutch a few days before that and there is at least 3 good eggs developing.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the bad pics, but I found a different set of eggs that look to be developing? What now? Just leave them? Give them somewhere to put the tads?

G

·
My vents started breeding in late november and I think they've laid a total of 25 or so eggs in the past 2 and a half months (most of the first few clutches went bad).

I think I have 1 male 3 females (maybe 2 and 2). The most I've found at a time was 9. Its seemed to taper down to 2-3 a week now. I'm almost hoping they'll stop.

I have to out of town for 6 weeks for work (coming home on on weekends) and the 15 or so tads I have now will be trouble enough. Maybe I'll remove the canisters for awhile.

-Tad

·
Registered
850 Posts
Tad, thats a nice and "slow" rate for vents to be laying. Before my breeder vents quit laying they were giving me at least 25 eggs every two weeks (all fertile). Their new clutch was 15 eggs (majority were infertile though). If you want to get your vents to quit laying, let them raise the tadpoles.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
we leave the eggs in the tank in the canaster for a couple of days then take and put the eggs in a little water in a petri dish to finish developing right now we have probaly 20-30 in water in the past month or two. I can also bring many petri dishes to the meeting david if you need some i buy them by the 500 or case..and i have around 800 right now but i do not use a dish twice i just dont feel like cleaning them.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll take some petri dishes...just PM me the cost and we'll settle up at the meeting!

joshua_delancey69 said:
we leave the eggs in the tank in the canaster for a couple of days then take and put the eggs in a little water in a petri dish to finish developing right now we have probaly 20-30 in water in the past month or two. I can also bring many petri dishes to the meeting david if you need some i buy them by the 500 or case..and i have around 800 right now but i do not use a dish twice i just dont feel like cleaning them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts