Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I have a 1:3 group of vents, but it is not set in stone. If this turns out to be true, is this ratio good for breeding, or should I look to trade for another male?

·
Administrator
8,787 Posts
1 to 1 is good...

so I'd try (not hard) to trade.

Females will occasionally got after each other's eggs.

I did have a situation where I had 1.2 and they both laid good eggs for quite awhile.

s

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have some set up as a pair, and another larger group set up... so far no differences in production. They do fine in groups and if you aren't really concerned about producing frogs I would just keep them as a group. If you are more concerned with breeding you can try and get a male and set up 2 pairs. So far from the froglets I have gotten seem to be female heavy, has anyone else noticed this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jbeetle said:
I have some set up as a pair, and another larger group set up... so far no differences in production. They do fine in groups and if you aren't really concerned about producing frogs I would just keep them as a group. If you are more concerned with breeding you can try and get a male and set up 2 pairs. So far from the froglets I have gotten seem to be female heavy, has anyone else noticed this?
I guess I would have to answer yes. I don't want to be a big breeder, and I plan on keeping them grouped. but I might like to have pairs....maybe I will trade one day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott said:
1 to 1 is good...

so I'd try (not hard) to trade.

Females will occasionally got after each other's eggs.

I did have a situation where I had 1.2 and they both laid good eggs for quite awhile.

s
okay...thanks for the info. I will keep my ears and eyes open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts