Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to have a little ventilation in my tanks like a little screen or would all glass top be fine and opening once a day for feeding? thanks.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Do I need to have a little ventilation in my tanks like a little screen or would all glass top be fine and opening once a day for feeding? thanks.
I use Saran Wrap to cover screen top lids. I have always used this method with fresh air coming in when feeding/misting. The only downside is that it can cause a temp increase during hot months. Other than that, the humidity is always high, and the plants and frogs thrive!

Best of luck!

JBear

·
Registered
67 Posts
I use Saran Wrap to cover screen top lids. I have always used this method with fresh air coming in when feeding/misting. The only downside is that it can cause a temp increase during hot months. Other than that, the humidity is always high, and the plants and frogs thrive!

Best of luck!

JBear
I use the same method and im having a problem with high temps 80-85 range. Would the temps lower if I were to use glass?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I use the same method and im having a problem with high temps 80-85 range. Would the temps lower if I were to use glass?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
IMO, no. I think glass will intensify this effect as glass reflects both light and heat. Your best bet is to set up in a basement or a room with no windows. I had to hang very heavy drapes/curtains to cover my Glass sliding door wall. That has helped to keep temps around 76-78. Before my temps were hitting the mid 80's as well. Best of luck!

JBear

·
Registered
49 Posts
If your really worried about it I got small computer fans from ebay and just hooked them up to a timer to move the air every once in awhile, this also helps the plant life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts