Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed one of my Tads sprouted his back legs today (just noticed though, so could have happened a few days ago). No front legs yet, but I can see where they are coming in.

Couple questions:

1) how long from now can I expect from now for him to morph?

2) when and how will I know if he is spinley leg? i.e. what are the symptoms / visuals?

thanks!
Cliff

·
Registered
621 Posts
seems like they take forever, at least 1 or 2 more months i bet. I usually can guess whether or not it will have spindly but am never to sure.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
hmmm

A) Long. About 2 months.

B) My first batch had spindly, the front arms took forever to morph out, which I have been told is a sign of impending SLS. Recent batch has been SLS free (Knocking on wood). Can't tell about spindly until it's time for them to pop front legs. Then you'll know rigth away. My unsolicited advice is since they have back legs now feed em everyday. I recommend algae and protein. Look at the tad water everyday. (Protein makes it cloudy, and nasty). I do weekly water changes, or as needed via a visual and a sniff test. Good Luck

Dave

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they have an all-you-can-eat buffet of algea, java moss, almond leaves, and little bugs, and I also sprinkle in flake food every other day that they seem to devour quickly.

i figured it would be quicker than 2 months from now. takes these guys a really long time! once they start morphing though I should have a constant supply of morphing tads from then on.

thanks for the advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts