Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my tads going for over 2 months now. they are absolutely huge and have strong visable yellow stripes. I don't see any legs yet though; however, the tank is pretty dark from the almond leaves so it is hard to see.

Any idea how much longer I should expect them to morph? what is the length of time between leg growth and full-morph?

I need to get on the ball and order some springtails and get some land built for them if it is soon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is he climbing out of the water yet in that last picture? or do they not even try until their tails are totally gone?

·
Registered
621 Posts
He shouldnt try that till his tail is totally gone. I hear that vents take really long to morph. What i have been doing lately, not to vents but all my froglets. I take them and put their entire cup into their froglet box, before they lose their tail and are ready to morph. This way they morph out on their own and just hop into the box when ready. Of course the box is totally planted and seeded with many springtails , using the coco bark method.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: Vent tads have their stripes and are huge... how much lo

Spar said:
I have had my tads going for over 2 months now. they are absolutely huge and have strong visable yellow stripes. I don't see any legs yet though; however, the tank is pretty dark from the almond leaves so it is hard to see.

Any idea how much longer I should expect them to morph? what is the length of time between leg growth and full-morph?

I need to get on the ball and order some springtails and get some land built for them if it is soon.
I have bred these for a couple of years. It is not unusual for them to take six months (sometimes a little more) to morph into froglets! I don't keep mine under constant temperatures. They get into the low to mid seventies and can dip down to sixty fahrenheit. That is probably the reason they take so long for me. If you have higher temperatures, they might be a little faster.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes its true. The higher the temperature the faster they will morph out and the lower the temperature the longer they will take. At too high or too low a temperature you may have problems with spindly leg syndrom.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine stays pretty consistent at 71 degrees. I could add a heater, but would fear they might get burned.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Cliff - Depending on your setup, you could place the heater in a tub, and then place the containers with the tads within this tub (if you mean burned by direct contact and not burned by total overheating.) You'd want to watch temperatures though so it doesn't overheat, as some aquarium heaters are terrible at specifying a temperature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts