Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
The plant variety in that tank is pretty nice. How long has the java moss been in there? If it was there for a while, kudos to you for making it grow so well on the floor. That sandy cane must have been new, becuase mine is literally almost popping the lid off my tinc tank after only a couple months :shock: . well done.

p.s. I thought vents prefered upright tanks?

Dustin

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lighting in there was pretty good and the photo was taken about three months after it was planted- so the java moss had plenty of time to grow. I must have the best luck with it as I can get it to grow on everything.

Sandy cane? I am unfamiliar with that common name- were you referring to the geogenanthus undatus (seersucker plant)?

Yeah, vents do better in vert tanks. I figured that one out...eventually, but they did well for me in that setup. I think it gave them plenty of hiding places.

Thanks for looking!

Justin

G

·
well, vert or no i'm sure the vents still enjoyed it in there. I haven't had a great amount of luck making java moss the main ground cover, for me its only done well under waterfalls or along streams, do you have any general tips?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xjokerx said:
well, vert or no i'm sure the vents still enjoyed it in there. I haven't had a great amount of luck making java moss the main ground cover, for me its only done well under waterfalls or along streams, do you have any general tips?
Dustin,

Every few days I soak the moss with a water bottle. Just keeping it wet is the trick. It grows quick under bright lighting as well, but will not grow as rapid in areas where it will tend to dry out...i.e. under a fan or close to a light source.

Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts