Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first clutch of eggs that I've pulled from my vent group [1.3]. The first tad out of the water looked like it died from bloat, and number two definitely looks like it is suffering from bloat.

Is there anything I can do to help this one? There is also another tad about to come out of the water, is there anything I can do to prevent bloat with it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I wasn't even aware that dart frogs suffered from bloat. If it were you or I, I would recomend pepto. Wish I could help out a fellow san diegan. Stay classy.

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
Keep in mind that bloat is a symptom as opposed to a disease as it can result from many causes such as (but not limited to..) infection, kidney damage, liver damage, and parasites. If you have more than one froglet with this symptom you really should evaluate the husbandry ranging from temperature, to the tadpole water through supplements through feeding schedules for the adults and tadpoles.

At home all you can do is provide supportive treatment using amphibian ringer's solution which you can either purchase premade from Fisher's Scientific. I would suggest reading through this link http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/care-sheets/16433-emergency-supportive-care.html

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts