Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I played a call for my vent,it turned and looked at the place where the call was coming from,then hopped into the brom,male or female?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would add a picture because it is much easier to tell by body shape. If the dart is pear like(shape of the body), then its most likely a female. If it is stream-lined, then it is probably a male.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its stream line shaped when its in the active stance but when its resting its pear shaped

·
Registered
527 Posts
my female vents are blatantly female... even when stretched out they've got the big booty look. can't say without a photo, but sounds like you're describing a male...

as for the call response, i don't think this is really a reliable indicator. try to get a call outta him by misting heavy. mine are loud enough to hear from across the frog room (my tank has a small air vent near the top, might be harder if you're totally sealed up).

-brett

·
Registered
527 Posts
tiniest pic ever, but i zoomed in and wild guess says male... top down shots are better if you can get one.

how old is the frog?

-brett

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ya sorry about the pic:eek: i dont know the age but i asked a few people who had got the same frog from the same place and they said that their males started calling and their females started breeding 1-2 months after being ordered so im guessing around 5-6 months(plus i have a lamasi froglet that is much smaller so that should give me a clue)

·
Registered
527 Posts
i'd say if it doesn't get significantly rounder in the next 2-3 months, you've likely got a male. i'll try to snap some better pics of mine for you if i can tomorrow ...

this is a female (before breeding age, she's fatter now)

this is a male, with a nice little growth on his back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts