Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ellooo everyone,

For my senior project (to complete my computer graphics and digital media degree), I decided to create an almost fully functional "fight for a cause" campaign. The particular campaign I chose to design, although already done in the real world, is a "save the frogs campaign," much like amphibianark or twi.

To begin, I had to create an identity for the cause - a big part of which is a logo. And I began by tracing a stock photo of a leuc (istockphoto) and vectorizing it in adobe illustrator. This particular guy took about 4 hours to hand trace with the pen tool.

note: while it's not completely accurate, it will be brought down to a two-color version in order to use for a logo.

more later!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Couldn't use the extract filter in PS and then run the posterize filter? I like the clean lines you got - but I think extract/posterize would render a very similar effect.

Are you using CS4?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I teach an Illustrator class in a graphic design program, that is very nice pen tool work! I would give you an A+++ :D

Peace
Shawn

·
Registered
123 Posts
A very solid vector for sure. Some filters can produce similar results, but I always appreciate the stuff done by hand :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
And I began by tracing a stock photo of a leuc (istockphoto) and vectorizing it in adobe illustrator.
Did you pay for the stock photo? This is considered a derivative work, and if you don't have rights to the original, you've got copyright issues.

If you're not going to start an actual campaign, this isn't an issue.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couldn't use the extract filter in PS and then run the posterize filter? I like the clean lines you got - but I think extract/posterize would render a very similar effect.

Are you using CS4?
you certainly good... but that wasn't the point... the point was to increase my skills within the program... being a web interface designer and developer, I wanted to increase my illustration and perspective skills.

live trace w some tweaks would also do the trick.

cs3

Did you pay for the stock photo? This is considered a derivative work, and if you don't have rights to the original, you've got copyright issues.

If you're not going to start an actual campaign, this isn't an issue.
lol you need not lecture me on copyright issues, I'm very conscious of what to do and what not to do. I certainly did purchase this, but it's for educational purposes regardless.

thanks for lookin' out though.

thanks for the kind words!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts