Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tadpole that is 5 months old now. It only has very tiny back legs right now that seem awkwardly proportioned for the size of the tadpole and they don't seem to be growing that much (first noticed them about 2 weeks ago I think). I was wondering if this is normal or if there's something wrong with the tad?

I've never raised tads before and all the information I've read about variabilis say they usually morph around 4/5 months but this one is pushing 6.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
It's hard to say. I had some develop very slowly. The eggs were laid in January or February and the last guy just climbed out of the water a few weeks ago. In my case, I think it was abnormally low temps (heater was on the blink during the winter).

Want to post a pic so we can take a look at him?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Most of my tads are morphing around 5 months but I have a few that are stubborn and take a little longer. If that guy doesn't make it I can replace him. Sometimes they refuse to grow or morph not quite sure why.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's very healthy and active, just seems like he's a little slow from what I've read. My room temps are a constant 71 degrees, should I put him in a warmer spot of the house?

Most of my tads are morphing around 5 months but I have a few that are stubborn and take a little longer. If that guy doesn't make it I can replace him. Sometimes they refuse to grow or morph not quite sure why.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks I'll try moving him to a warmer place.
Should I try a different kind or additional food too? Right now I'm only using the tadpole bites Josh's sells

1 - 7 of 7 Posts