Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent half an hour pulling Java moss so I thought I'd share some updated pics.

Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Reptile Aquatic plant

Restrepia cymbula
Flower Plant Botany Petal Terrestrial plant

There's three different ferns here if someone wants to try and ID them.
Plant Nature Leaf Botany Terrestrial plant

The dry area.
Plant Leaf Nature Botany Vegetation

Damp area
Plant Wood Organism Terrestrial plant Trunk

Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Wood Aquatic plant

Plant Green Leaf Branch Terrestrial plant

The very damp area directly under the misting head.

Plant Reptile Terrestrial plant Scaled reptile Flower

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Post from when it was first planted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When you attached the wood to the glass did you silicone it first, and then reinforce with foam? Or just foam? I only ask because I have had bad luck with foam so I'm curious. Looking for a more reliable way of attaching wood to glass.

Thanks!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you attached the wood to the glass did you silicone it first, and then reinforce with foam? Or just foam? I only ask because I have had bad luck with foam so I'm curious. Looking for a more reliable way of attaching wood to glass.

Thanks!
Actually I used a clear epoxy resin to attach the wood to the glass. These pieces were heavy, and basically suspended in air, and I wasn't trusting silicone. But normally I would silicone in place and then use the foam as a support.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Actually I used a clear epoxy resin to attach the wood to the glass. These pieces were heavy, and basically suspended in air, and I wasn't trusting silicone. But normally I would silicone in place and then use the foam as a support.
I’ll have to look into clear epoxy resin. Thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts