Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

so I’ve had my variabilis for some time now ~1 year, and always thought it was a 4.1 group.
Today I upgraded them to a fancier setup and got some pictures ans one of my “males” is MASSIVE. Here is a pic of “him”, let me know your thoughts!

TIA

Liquid Underwater Fluid Organism Reptile

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have a male that I was convinced was a female for several months until I heard him calling. He's the largest and fattest frog in the enclosure. I was very surprised to find him calling. Ranitomeya are so hard to sex. The only way to be certain is to catch it during courtship and see if it's calling or following.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a male that I was convinced was a female for several months until I heard him calling. He's the largest and fattest frog in the enclosure. I was very surprised to find him calling. Ranitomeya are so hard to sex. The only way to be certain is to catch it during courtship and see if it's calling or following.
Yes, I remember seeing 4/5 frogs calling about 5 months ago, however seeing this has made me doubt myself- I struggled and still struggle to tell 2 of them apart. These frogs always keeping us on our toes, gotta love em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts