Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tad that looks like has broken out but but I can't tell. I have never seen the parents on the leaf or even near it. The parents are to busy feeding another sibling so they pay no attention. What should I do?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Remove tad and raise in a deli cup with a little water and almond leaf or oak leaf ( make sure leaves are rinsed well and baked a little while ) Feed tadpole bites/flake food-just a little bit every other day will work-change a little water once a week or as needed .Used ro water or conditioned tap water for tads. These are not obligate egg feeders so you dont have to leave them with parents. Hope tad does well!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Pull it and feed it... (tad bites & NLS or omega shrimp pellets would be a good start, i feed 1/2 pellet a day unless i see some left uneaten). I keep them in 1/2 full 8oz plastic containers with a piece of almond leaf, a few oak leaves to hide under, & some salvinia (or duckweed) and java moss. Works well for me.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Check out his tail. If the tail is curved he is probably still in the gel. If it is straight he has broken out.
This is common enough. I have a pair a Varadero that only transport one, out of two eggs, almost every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts