Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went into my varadero tank to clean off the glass and I must have startled this one frog because he played dead! I picked him up with a leaf to see what the heck happened - I thought he had a heart attack - and I could see he was still breathing. I put him on a vine and he just hopped off and landed on the ground on his back and just sat there for a good 30-45 seconds. I could see his heart beating, so I knew he wasn't dead, but what the heck is this? Defense mechanism?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, it may have just been my imagination, but the orange seemed a bit faded after he played dead. Weird, huh?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
What are you dusting with? Is it fresh? Do you dust every time you feed? This sounds like a muscle seizure that it directly related to a calcium deficiency.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you dusting with? Is it fresh? Do you dust every time you feed? This sounds like a muscle seizure that it directly related to a calcium deficiency.
I dust every other time I feed. It's a zoomed supplement with D3. Calcium deficiency, eh? Maybe I should bump up the dusting to every time...hmm...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Well considering the frog may not be eating the flies until they rid themselves of most of the dust I'd definitely dust every single time. Also, the Repashy Calcium Plus supplement is better that the supplement you are currently using, so I'd switch to that if I were you.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well considering the frog may not be eating the flies until they rid themselves of most of the dust I'd definitely dust every single time. Also, the Repashy Calcium Plus supplement is better that the supplement you are currently using, so I'd switch to that if I were you.
Just ordered it.

Reactions: Pumilo

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since your frogs can't actually say it, I thanked you for them!
lol. is there any other reason for this behavior though, or are you guys 100% sure it's calcium-related?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
From everything I have read here on the board, I'll give you a 95%.

Reactions: Neontra
1 - 9 of 9 Posts