Dendroboard banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
I leave the eggs in the tank for 1-2days before pulling it out.
The eggs look ok with a line in the centre but it turn white moldy after 5-7days old.
Anway do u also pull out the eggs? Why?? The reason i pull out the egg is because that i had read up some where that if u leave the eggs in the tank and when it change to tadpole,the female will lay eggs for the tadpoles to feed on therefore it will not produce any more fertile eggs during the time have the tadpole..true??

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I leave the eggs in the tank for 1-2days before pulling it out.
The eggs look ok with a line in the centre but it turn white moldy after 5-7days old.
Anway do u also pull out the eggs? Why?? The reason i pull out the egg is because that i had read up some where that if u leave the eggs in the tank and when it change to tadpole,the female will lay eggs for the tadpoles to feed on therefore it will not produce any more fertile eggs during the time have the tadpole..true??
I have a ton of film canisters in their viv and a few broms. I leave the eggs in and let them hatch in the viv and they parents transport them to a film canister or brom axel. I then remove the tadpoles. I empty and clean all the canisters and broms everyweek. Sometimes they will lay more eggs, i once had 5 clutches of good eggs at once! But most of the time if you leave the tad in the viv she will care for 3 or 4 of them and not lay anymore eggs.

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I had another froglet come out of the water today with orange only on his head. The other froglet has not gained much orange if any. I'll post a picture later if i can get a good one.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.