Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
I have recently had 3 Varadero tads morph out. One of the looks like the parents, one has a crazy amount of orange compaired to the parents and one only has orange on its head. They came from 2 different clutches.

This is the one that looks like the parents

This is the one with more blue

The one with more orange was hiding really well and I couldn't find him.

I know with my Azureus their color changes a lot but the vents not so much. Will the colors change as they grow older?

Hi Megan,

Congratulations on the varadero froglets, just wanted to ask when the froglets morph out would they be able to feed on Melo .FF? The reason I am asking it because I have some eggs from my varadero and was wondering pinheads crickets or FF is small enough for newly morph varadero froglets?

· Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the INFO , will take note.. Anyway any idea what the life span of Varadero and the i had read up somewhere that they can start breeding at the age of 6mth and above but mine are giving me 90% infertile eggs,maybe mine are too old to breed ?.. Sorry M rybecky if you feel that i am hijacking here.

· Registered
178 Posts
My male started calling around 7 months i think.... Just s few weeks after i got my first clutch. The eggs I have been getting have all been fertile tho. What are you suplementing them with? I don't mind the "hijack" :) I got the info I was looking for.

I like him too!!! I'm thinking about keeping him :) but I'm not sure yet... I already have a pair. I have another 15 tads, maybe I'll get another like him.

Hi , i been supplement them with ICB calcium , vitamins and superpig all from Respashy and feeding them with pinheads an FF.

· Registered
178 Posts
I leave the eggs in the tank for 1-2days before pulling it out.
The eggs look ok with a line in the centre but it turn white moldy after 5-7days old.
Anway do u also pull out the eggs? Why?? The reason i pull out the egg is because that i had read up some where that if u leave the eggs in the tank and when it change to tadpole,the female will lay eggs for the tadpoles to feed on therefore it will not produce any more fertile eggs during the time have the tadpole..true??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.