Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a small clutch today, just 2. They are actually deposited on the back cork wall near a bromeliad. I don't know if this is typical or not. I need to do some research. My male has been calling for at least 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I found a small clutch today, just 2. They are actually deposited on the back cork wall near a bromeliad. I don't know if this is typical or not. I need to do some research. My male has been calling for at least 2 weeks now.
if you were in DFW id smoke a cigar with you bud. Cool news.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Don't know if what is typical? They are rather young but breeding at 6 months is pretty common with Imis. Or do you mean placement? My Imis will lay on verticle glass all the time. I have a friend who had some Intermedius Imis that always laid on verticle cork bark (backside). My Tarapotos recently laid on a verticle plant stem! They were on the leaf of an Allocasia Polly.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol sorry Doug, I was so excited I completely left out all the information I intended to include then my wife's friends came over.

The eggs are white.
There are 2.
They are laid on the back wall, ~2 inches above a brom leaf that extends out under them.

Even if these are too early too be viable I'm really happy because this confirms I have at least 1 female as well. Scott helped me be about 90% sure there was 1 female based on his description of males and females but with eggs, well, yeah thats a 100% confirmation.

At this point I'm unsure if I should pull them and try to raise them or let the parents do it. I've had excellent luck raising the tads from our Auratus at work but these are whole other ball of wax. I really wasn't expecting eggs so soon, so I'm kinda caught with my pants down. Time to do some research and see what comes of it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Imis eggs are white. I have a pair of varaderos that lay good eggs and they are white.

Vent eggs are black/gray. Are you sure they are black/gray? Maybe there is dirt on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts