Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so abot 2 minutes ago I saw my suspected female call! It was soft but the bubble was huge! I'm so siked first till I heard a frog call in person!

And today they are 5 months old!

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congratulations, Rob! The Varaderos have become my favorites small frog, very bold and outgoing, super pretty, and the sweetest little call going all day. What's not to love!

Good luck getting some courtship now, Richard.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! He has been traveling everywhere and both him and the other one like a little moss clump. They go in there every day. Also before I saw him call he was squeezed between two brom leaves and then the other fallowed! The other is still in that same spot!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Congrats Rob! Hope you were wrong on the other one too so you get a pair!! Lets see some good, top-down pics now to try and help with sexing.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Get yourself a frogging tube. That's the scientific name for it.;) A clear plastic tube about 1.5 inches diameter. You slowly bring it down right over them and coax them into it. They don't even seem to see it because it is clear. It took me all of 2 minutes last night to catch both Solarte froglets out of a well planted 50 gallon viv. The second one stood there and watched me capture her brother and still didn't try to escape when it was her turn. Put them in a deli cup and made em pose for me. Had them back in the viv before mom and dad even figured out they were gone. 99.9 percent stress free and they are still as bold as can be today.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Nice! I like the following part! That could be a good sign!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats i remember when my vara called. Good luck!!! Mine calls every day for the last 6-7 months and still no eggs =/ but its still cool

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congrats, I can't get my males to stop calling lol I've got one that's exceptionally loud and he calls every morning. He doesn't wake me up, but he keeps me awake after I'm up haha. I hope you find some eggs soon :D

-Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts