Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today has been quite the day, let me tell you. So I have a 2.1 group of Vanzos on my desk at work. The two males call like crazy and the female has been interested, but not that interested. I haven't see any eggs yet but have been hopeful as my female was getting nice and fat. So today, I came in and check the tank and bang, there I find two eggs! I was totally excited so I went and grabbed my camera to take a pic and what do I find when I come back. A perfect little froglet!!!! I couldn't believe it. No breeding, to eggs to froglet in less than 10 minutes. Here a some pics, sorry they aren't the best.

Froglet on the right, kind of hard to see!

Proud mama!

Quick question, how long do you think it took for this froglet to morph?

·
Registered
974 Posts
What a lovely little story!

Thanks for sharing! Vanzos are some frogs which I really need to get a hold of sometime soon!

Being that I have no personal experience with R. Vanzolinii I can't be sure but as they are of the Imitator group I would say anywhere between 2-3months.

In my experience viv raised tads take longer to morph out than artificially raised tads.

Regards,
Richie

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congrats on the eggs and the baby! I have also started getting good breeding from one of my R.. vanzolini groups (though I am raising the tadpoles seperately). They really are a pretty sweet frog.

Good luck with them, Richard.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Sweet! What a way to start your day!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a pretty cool way to start the day. I love these frogs, they are unbelievably bold. That is why I was so shocked to find a froglet. If there is one, I'm betting I'll find a few others as time goes by. I have only had the female since late April or early May, so they must have gotten started quickly.

The little fella decided to come out for a bite to eat. Hunting springs, isos and mites. Won't think about eating a wingless fruitfly yet.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Nice photo. Others might have a different opinion, but I personally would move the froglet into its own set-up to help optimize its nutrition and growth.

Congrats again, Richard.

Reactions: tclipse

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Nice photo. Others might have a different opinion, but I personally would move the froglet into its own set-up to help optimize its nutrition and growth.

Congrats again, Richard.
I would tend to agree, but only if you have cultures of springtails and isopods you can start him on (since you say he won't touch a fly). How about trying some older, stunted fruit fly cultures? Need to try getting some calcium in him. Even if he tries, but spits it out, he is still getting some of that calcium dust.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's good advice guys. I planned to move it out shortly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts