Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have recently aquired a 2.2? group of Vanzo's that were and are kept in a 12Dx 36Hx 36W and was thinking of splitting them into two 1.1 pairs and am looking for tank set up info. I would like to pull the tads when they come so this would have to be taken into consideration. I am mainly interested in what is working for others, tank size, plants, film canister placement/orientation ect. Any help wouldbe appreciated.

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Hey Scott, Here is an early pic of my Vanzo viv. http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/at...-clay-backgrounds-slope-fronts-scaped-032.jpg
We have a group of 4 in there. Decent breeding but nothing like our Imis and Lamasi produce. They almost always lay eggs deep in the leaf litter, between magnolia leaves. They were not using the "alternative angled" film cans so we changed them all to 45 degree with water in them. If you look on the right, you will see a Vanzo on the wall checking out one of the film cans. That is the angle of film can that ours seem to prefer. We do keep a few cans just lying down at the bottom of the viv about halfway back. They have laid eggs in those once or twice. They much prefer nice clean water to deposit tads in.
Oh, the viv size is 12" x 24" x 24"

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have 1.2 in a 18 x 18 x 24 exoterra w/ natural cork backround and a few cork tubes with 5 sm-med bromeliads mounted on them and a few climbing vines growing up back wall. I have about 12 film canisters with suction cups mounted on glass, some up high and some lower. They have 90 % of the time layed eggs on bromeliad leaves. On one egg laying frenzy they did use film canister at top of terrarium-i found 12 eggs in there over a 5 day period! I am just starting to get good eggs finally after them laying well over 40 eggs of which only 2 were good! It sometimes takes them a while to get the hang of it. Some say that they are shy but my group seem to be some of my boldest frogs-maybe because the male is calling almost non stop for 3 months now! Good Luck!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well because of lack of free time I decided to leave them be and treat them as my other frogs, today I found they had moved 3 very well developed tads into the film cans along with about 6 eggs, this evening while mixing soil I looked in on them and they put another in the film can and there was one vanzo just sitting on the top of the film can just kinda saying dont think of taking this one:) I dont know where they are hiding these tads but they are nearly half way thru the process based on size,I guess the hiding place must be getting crowded, based on the size of these tads I fully expect that I will soon see little vanzo's roaming the tank.

Scott

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah i hate to take their tads sometimes, they seem to be a little pissed off ! I am letting them raise the last batch of tads also. It would be very cool to see a morphed out froglet just out and about looking for springtails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts