Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vanilla orchid, Onc twinkle snow, Cryptanthus "red star", unknown fern (id?)

I went to a local greenhouse today and picked up a few things. Altogether it was about $25.

Vanilla orchid. I know this probably will outgrow the viv so I'm considering planting somewhere else. $8 for such a large portion seemed like a good deal so I went for it.

This is "onc twinkle snow", a mini orchid. Any tips on placement would be appreciated.

Cryptanthus "red star". Gotta love ground-brom's!

I forget what they called this fern but they said it's an easy grower. I'm concerned it might take over. Any ID, and is it ok for a viv? I hope so, it's really cool looking!

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Re: Vanilla orchid, Onc twinkle snow, Cryptanthus "red star", unknown fern (id?)

Your vanilla orchid will love your viv! They don't grow so fast that they get out of control. I don't think the Onc Twinkle will do so well, though. A nice bright spot in a window may be best for that one. They have beautiful flowers that you won't want to miss. :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Vanilla orchid, Onc twinkle snow, Cryptanthus "red star", unknown fern (id?)

Thanks for the info. Why don't you think the onc twinkle would do well in a viv?

Also, a small bump for that fern. Can anyone id?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts

The twinkle likes it drier

·
Registered
8,465 Posts

In my experience, the bulbs on Oncs are quick to rot if they are kept too moist.

I think the fern is asparagus fern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts