Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several hreads with different opinions and different reasons why to, or not to, use rain water.

I understand it can clog misting systems... but I dont have one at the moment.

It rains EVERYDAY here this time of year and woul be nothing to collect a ton of it in empty water jugs...

My question then is it safe for the frogs? How about for tadpole tanks.

I dont want this to turn into a giant debate about RO, Spring Water, Distilled etc... Just concerned about the advantages / dissadvantages of using rain water to mist tanks and for use in tad rearing tanks / cups.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
unwanted contaminents such as pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, potential pathogens..other pollutants like coal plant exhaust, autofumes.. and being away from a city doesn't mean anything since they can track pollutants from Africa being deposited in the southern states... I've posted some citations on it in other threads showing it..

Ed

Reactions: Pumilo

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In other words... no bueno!

Thanks Ed.

·
Banned
4,938 Posts
unwanted contaminents such as pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, potential pathogens..other pollutants like coal plant exhaust, autofumes.. and being away from a city doesn't mean anything since they can track pollutants from Africa being deposited in the southern states... I've posted some citations on it in other threads showing it..

Ed
I know California gets a lot of fallout from the Asian Brown cloud, but I never heard of the southern states getting hit by African containment.

I'm assuming it's the SE?

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts