Dendroboard banner

Using Lizard Liner for False Bottom.

801 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Markw 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Once it gets wet - it stays wet... I feel like it wouldn't be breathable enough to work 100%, since it would hold moisture before it would allow water to pass through. Plus springtails regularly visit the drainage layer to breed - and they wouldn't be able to get through the liner. That would be super convenient since it's perfectly sized tho.

edit: I think you have a good idea here with the pre-cut screen separators for exact common vivarium sizes... I just added it to the site. If you want one Markw - It's on the house, since it was your post that gave me the idea. (PM me) We had custom sizes available before - but measuring can be discouraging, I think. :)

#6 ·
Thank you kindly! PMd.

Done it for years between subtrate and false bottom with great results :)
That's good to hear. But, it sounds like there's conflicting opinions. The springtails not being able to breed in the bottom is making me a little bit weary though.

I also have a roll of scree here that used for my windows. How don you tell if it's aluminum or fiberglass? I would imagine aluminum would be somewhat rigid. This is VERY flexible.

Mark

#7 ·
I would avoid the "lizard carpet". IMO the carpet will only negatively impact the above soil. I think screening is by far the better option. Even the plants used will better root into the screening over the "carpet". Not to mention the screening will allow far better drainage(as stated before).

JBear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.