Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions about using jungle pods.

1.Anyone use them in their tanks?

2.Do the frogs tend to use/like them?

3.Do you have to clean them out after a while?

4.I remember a friend of mine had a turtle and his turtle tank smelled bad. The water looked skimmy and cloudy. Will these pods end up the same way?

5.What do you think about using a drip system where it would drip every-so-often into the pods?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have used a single jungle pod in my tinc tank for about a year and a half now. It initially went through a moldy phase, which passed quite quickly (as Black Jungle says). I don't use it to hold water, however. I use it as a feeding station for fruit flies. I think it helps to contain some of the extra vitamin/mineral dust, keeping it off of the neighboring moss. I've even used it to hold sustrate full of cricket eggs to feed pinhead crickets.

I have cleaned it (two or three times). It just lifts right out of the substrate. I clean it and put it right back it.

If used to hold water, however, I would assume that water in it would stagnate, unless you used a dripper or mist system into it to add some fresh water on a regular basis.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I have three in mine. I have them at an angle so when the mister comes on, the water in the cups spills over. The water does get tannic(brown), but it's not bad. A couple frogs sit on the edge of the cups as a hang out. Mine also went through that moldy phase for a couple weeks then went away.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use one as a siphon tube cover. Works really well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts