Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have a short question.

In my country there aren't too many options when it comes to buying food supplements for amphibians. I guess the local market is too much reptile orientated so the only multivitamins and calcium i found were those produced by JBL. I don't know if it would be safe to feed my D. auratus this kind of supplement even though i've asked the guys from JBL (over facebook, on their official page) and whoever wrote me back told me that even if the products are mainly for reptiles they will work just fine. Before i do something stupid, i would like you guys to tell me what you think.

I've made a comparison with Repashy SuperVit and the concentration of vitamin A of the JBL product kinda scares me.

I'm posting the values of the JBL TerraVit product and please note that the dosage is calculated per pound in Repashy and per kg in JBL (one pound = almost half of kg)

This is Repashy SuperVit:
Vitamin A 200,000 IU/lb, Vitamin D 20,000 IU/lb, Vitamin E 2,000 IU/lb,
Vitamin K (Metadione) 30mg/lb, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 2,500 mg/lb, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCL) 40 mg/lb, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 70mg/lb, Vitamin B5 (Patothenic Acid) 130 mg/lb, Niacin 450 mg/lb, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL) 55 mg/lb, Vitamin B12 .4 mg/lb, Folic Acid 20 mg/lb, Biotin 2 mg/lb, Choline 5,000 mg/lb, Beta Carotene 500 mg/lb.

and this is JBL TerraVit:
per kg: Vitamin A 8,000,000 IU; Vitamin D3 10,000 IU; Vit E 6500 mg; B1 700 mg; B2 1700 mg; B6 600mg; B12 3 500 mcg; Biotin 7000 mcg; C 15,000 mg; Ca - Pantothenat 3 500 mg; Folic acid 150 mg; k3 1400 mg; Nicotinamid 10000 mg; DL -Methionin 100 mg; L-Lysin 350 mg

Any comments are really appreciated

V.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'm not sure JBLTerravit is good for frogs. Many products are good for reptiles, frogs have different needs. We use Repashy Calcium Plus as basic product and Repashy VitA once (or twice) per month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only way to get repashy is to order it through amazon but i takes 2 or 3 weeks to get it through usps, and this if i'm lucky to find some one that is willing to send it over here.

that's why i'm asking about this alternative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts