Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still pretty new to the hobby (just under a year) and am trying to soak up as much as i can! I live in Charleston, WV but have family near Cleveland. I went to the all-cleveland reptile show in June and am headed back in July (looking for green and bronze auratus!).

does anyone have comments or suggestions about shows nearby (ashland KY's show, Cinciniatti's show, Columbus's show, etc)?? better/worse, bigger/smaller, than Cleveland's?

·
Registered
446 Posts
As far as the tri state area.. the big breeder is Mac or Allen. Mac is moving to Maine in the next couple weeks but still will attend all local shows. He is a friend of Jarrod who runs the Ashland show. Mac actually runs the CinCity show. The Lexington, KY show is pretty interesting as well. The thing is if you are ONLY in to darts such as I. Mac is really the only person who vends the Ashland and Lexington show with darts. I am not sure about the Cin City show as I have not been.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've seen it but checked it out a little more thoroughly this time, thank you! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is a show coming up in Ashland on September 10,2011. My brother (Allen Hunter) and I were there for the May 7, 2011 show and probably will be there again in September. You can definitely contact him if you need something sooner though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in Cincinnati and have been to all of the cincity shows except this past one, when I was out your way in Galapolis. Mac is generally the only one with frogs there, he has great stuff and lots of different things, but other then him there's usually only a couple of other ordinary frogs there. If you go looks on talktothefrog.com he usually posts a list of what he will be taking to the upcoming shows. I'm planning on going to the Columbus show this month which usually has a few more frog vendors. Mac is usually the best one still, but there are more options. I haven't been up there for about 6 months, so I can let you know once I go how it is these days.

Jeff

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys :) i can't make the columbus show but i'll be at the cleveland show the next day. I actually worked something out with Mac, he is sending my frog up to the cleveland show with a friend :)

tomdarr - i've been to allen's house! ginny goes to school with my husband :) we came over for dinner one night and swapped some frogs + plants for my husband's old bonsai materials for ginny!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just checked that site and it seems as though there's nothing going on in minnesota :( Anyone know of another site that has a list?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts