Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Did you see that in person? Do you have any cuttings you'd be willing to part with? :D

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Beautiful! Would love a little piece of that someday!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Send me a 5" sample and I will get you an id right away. :)

In all seriousness though, that is an amazing looking shingler! And I would agree, it looks 100% Raph-like

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
That is amazing! I'm not willing to even guess the genus on that one...maybe Rhaph but there are many other genera and also families that shingle.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes some Culcasias look very similar to Rhaphidophoras. Actually there is a very cool shingling Piper species that I would love to get my hands on.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Can you give us any more information? Where did this image come from? Did you take it? Did you find it on a site? or?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Send me a 5" sample and I will get you an id right away. :)

In all seriousness though, that is an amazing looking shingler! And I would agree, it looks 100% Raph-like
Guys let me make this clear I do NOT have this climber. I was sent this photo from a friend and was asked if I had any idea what it may be. I'm just trying to see what other possible info and ideas people may have on it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
No specific species name though? I wonder if this is in any botanical collections anywhere. Amazing color, pattern and texture to the leaves. If we can get a species name......it can most likely be imported if not in the states.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts