Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys ,we are very lucky to have in our posession,3 auratus camo,(there are very few here in the uk). They have come to us via PFI/ Dartfrog.co.uk, I would like to find out more about them and their parentage,where they come from etc,how do I contact understory,to find out more...are any of you able to give me more knowledge?
Thanks in advance
Stu

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
James thankyou again!!! Doug how are ya mate,yes once they settle we will enjoy,well its a bit more complicated than that,ha life is never simple we are very lucky in that one is quite bold he/she knows that the tapping means food and is out feeding within minutes of it being quiet,and not too bothered by us,active strong accurate feeder,for notoriously shy auratus he is a godsend,the other 2 are of great concearn to a novice like us,although we are very quiet and trying not to stress them we haven't seen them about,just a glimpse of a high tailing it frogs rear would be enough for me!!Yeah i know its patience,and it will be ok,but they must have had a tough time going from one country to another to anothe to here so you can see why i am slightly concearned.They have masses of springs etc to go at,so our major endevour is to keep them replenished and er wait.Stunning frogs,beautifully marked one totally different to the other two,i will get some pics up soon(i hope, once every thing is ok).As above very lucky to have the bold one hopefully he will get the others going.
Will try to get to understory again soon, thankyou both for your time and advice
Stu

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha total agreement here too,maybe its because of the shyness thing,although we speak occassionally to a dutch breeder who has many morphs,and says very few of his are shy. We adore this species so i guess these will be not the only morph we end up keeping:must haves are Highland bronze,Elcope campana,panama special,ha i better stop there and go and build more tanks!!
Spotted the one we haven't seen today,which is a relief:)
Thanks for the interest guys
Stu

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a little thankyou,Mark and Elaine at understory have been in touch and told us more about our new frogs,thanks for the help guys,and for the prompt response understory,very cool
Stu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts