Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried the "Holmes HM485-U2 Ultrasonic Humidifier" to increase the humidity in their tanks? If so, how did it work?
Has anyone had any luck with any other brands?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I used the walgreens brand ultra sonic humidifier. I found it cheap on ebay. The outlet fits a rubber reducer from the hardware store nicely. The things i would lookout for are cool mist, decent sized water tank and a small enough outlet to plumb easily. I know the humidifier im using for my house currently would need a 6inch tube to fit the outlet. So that one would obviously not work out very well. give ebay a try i payed about 15 bucks for a brand new one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm watching one on eBay right now. I had bought one before, but I had 2 problems with it.
1. - It was a Warm Mist Ultrasonic.
2. - When I plumbed it into the tank, all I got was the condensation dripping out of the end. No mist. :(

Maybe I plumbed it wrong? I don't know. I have read several people's web pages about attaching it to the tank, but I think I am missing something. I think I had too many turns in it ad the warm mist condensed as the room temp was lower than the mist???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill grab a photo of how i have mine setup. I used 1/2 pvc inch pipe with 2 elbows. I would make sure its cool mist though. Mine pumps mist out like a dragon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts