Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this should be in the plant section or not, but here it goes. In my dumpy tree frog tank I have 3 cuttings of Ficus pumila oak leaf. It's been 3 months since I put it in, and it's barley grown! Also my golden pothos has don't the same thing. I'm really puzzled because I have many other creepers and stuff like that but they grow really fast. It is about 13" or so away from the light. I am using 2-13w CFLs. I'm worried because i'm building 3 10 gallons and I don't want the same issue. Thanks.

·
Banned
4,938 Posts
I don't know if this should be in the plant section or not, but here it goes. In my dumpy tree frog tank I have 3 cuttings of Ficus pumila oak leaf. It's been 3 months since I put it in, and it's barley grown! Also my golden pothos has don't the same thing. I'm really puzzled because I have many other creepers and stuff like that but they grow really fast. It is about 13" or so away from the light. I am using 2-13w CFLs. I'm worried because i'm building 3 10 gallons and I don't want the same issue. Thanks.
might still be rooting. For different plants things like heat and humidity can really slow them down on that front

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
When my tanks hit the dry season the pothos and creeping fig slow down their growth. However, in the wet season, if I've placed pothos in the substrate then it rots. The trick is to have a heavy wet season, but place the plants in an area where they aren't going to be subject to 24/7 saturated substrate. Too much water, they die, too dry they die.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
For me the Oak Leaf Ficus takes forever to grow, the other varieties take off really fast.

-Beth

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I am using 2-13w CFLs. Thanks.
i would go with a least the 20watts, had a similar problem with the 13watts, moved to the 20watts got better, moved to a 25watt 1800lumen
in each bulb and everything exploded in a good way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What size tank? You say your building 3 more 10's. If this is also a ten then maybe two 13watt cfl is a little much. The pothos does good in low light. My ficus have always been slow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts