Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my first two vivs. The 10 gallon was my experimentation/get the hang of things tank and the 18" exo is my finished product.:)
Leaf litter is coming as well as more plants. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Good job on those, definitely wouldn't have guessed a first build.

Any ideas for what's going in there?

I'd recommend a couple more plants to help fill the background in, and the leaf litter will give a nice touch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd recommend some moss, a coco hut or something to give them a good hiding spot/place to lay eggs (if you're breeding), but if you're not planning on breeding and you have a good enough floral carpet and plenty of cover you won't need the hut. What kind of leaf litter are you getting?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks frogman.I'm thinking Banded Leucs for the exo terra and standard imitator for the 10. what do you think? I'm trying to find something different than the usual as far as plants to fill them in. Any suggestions?

Good job on those, definitely wouldn't have guessed a first build.

Any ideas for what's going in there?

I'd recommend a couple more plants to help fill the background in, and the leaf litter will give a nice touch.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm looking into all the mosses available to see which one I like best...probably not breeding at this time so coco huts can wait. I have magnolia leaves but they seem out of place in the tanks because they are really big, so I need something smaller for leaf litter. Thanks for the suggestions.:)

I'd recommend some moss, a coco hut or something to give them a good hiding spot/place to lay eggs (if you're breeding), but if you're not planning on breeding and you have a good enough floral carpet and plenty of cover you won't need the hut. What kind of leaf litter are you getting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts