Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need your help. Years ago I remember seeing a build where a guy turned a closet, or maybe an unfinished shower into a giant vivarium built into his wall. If I remember right, he lined it with plywood, water proofed it with a pond liner, and used styrofoam and expanding foam to make rocks, trees on either side, and then planted it heavily. It had a drain at the bottom that drained directly into a floor drain if I remember correctly. Or maybe a steralite tub. Im pretty sure it was on a european site and would have been around or before 2007. I think I remember that he had tincs in it. I had the link saved in the web browser of my moms computer when I was still living at home, but I moved out years ago and she has long since gotten rid of that computer. Anyone remember a build like the one I described?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
oooh so cool.
but who has an extra bathroom to get rid of?
not me

·
Registered
274 Posts
This photo came from a photogallery. The original site isn't online anymore.
I searched but couldn't find it anymore.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There has been an article about this viv. If you need specific info I can look it up in the old magazine.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There has been an article about this viv. If you need specific info I can look it up in the old magazine.
If you could, Im interested in the dimensions, how it was sealed (pond liner? epoxy? fiberglass?), lighting, and orchid species in the tank.

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok I found the magazine. Let's see:
Dimensions are 1m x1m x1,75m (height) or 39,4" x 39,4" x 68,9".
It is build with plywood, coated with epoxy, sealed off with silicon and covered with pond foil.
There was a dripwall. the dripwall works 1 time a day (duration?).
Lighting consist of 14 x 36 watt PL.
The background is built with oak stumps, pu foam finished with flevopol/peat/coco-mixture.
There is no info regarding planting.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I found the magazine. Let's see:
Dimensions are 1m x1m x1,75m (height) or 39,4" x 39,4" x 68,9".
It is build with plywood, coated with epoxy, sealed off with silicon and covered with pond foil.
There was a dripwall. the dripwall works 1 time a day (duration?).
Lighting consist of 14 x 36 watt PL.
The background is built with oak stumps, pu foam finished with flevopol/peat/coco-mixture.
There is no info regarding planting.
Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts