Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sigh be gentle and pls 饾櫑饾櫄饾櫀饾櫃 饾櫅饾櫈饾櫑饾櫒饾櫓... Okay, so I found a dude selling a "pair" of these locally. There's one of each... Assuming theyre unsexed, he bought them in April. Also they're together in a really small tank (less than 10g) with 2 fake plants and wet spagnum moss AND a baby Musk turtle. So, not great conditions. I guess my question is, how long can I keep these guys temporarily together since I only have 1 tank? They're currently living together rigbt now. Would these two fight in the meantime? I'd likely end up trading the cobalt for another true sip. I don't want to keep these two different frogs together permanently, especially if they turn out to be opposite genders. But also their current conditions make me sad 馃ズ Also I run a cat rescue, so wanting to "rescue" them isn't surprising to me 馃槀

Attachments

Super Moderator
pls 饾櫑饾櫄饾櫀饾櫃 饾櫅饾櫈饾櫑饾櫒饾櫓
I'm going to start with this: I find it really condescending when people put this on their posts. How would anyone answer your question if they didn't read it?

On the topic of your post: I wouldn't buy these frogs. You have no idea what diseases, parasites, etc. that they may have from their, presumably, poor living conditions and tankmates. It's a risk I would not be willing to take, personally.

Buying them from this "dude" and then trying to trade one of them for a match for the other is quite irresponsible unless you are going to explain, in great detail, their living conditions before making the trade, so that whoever takes them on knows exactly what they are getting in to.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to start with this: I find it really condescending when people put this on their posts. How would anyone answer your question if they didn't read it?

On the topic of your post: I wouldn't buy these frogs. You have no idea what diseases, parasites, etc. that they may have from their, presumably, poor living conditions and tankmates. It's a risk I would not be willing to take, personally.

Buying them from this "dude" and then trying to trade one of them for a match for the other is quite irresponsible unless you are going to explain, in great detail, their living conditions before making the trade, so that whoever takes them on knows exactly what they are getting in to.
I put it because I'm well aware that mixing is frowned upon and don't want to waste my time with people telling me it's bad to mix, because I know. And I don't want them to be mixed. But they are. By someone else.

My intent was to take my time & find someone wanting to make a trade or buy and I can buy what I want later once I rehome one of them. Being with a turtle they'd need fecals, being a vet tech, it's something I believe all new animals should have done anyway. So if I rehomed one when I found the right person, I'd be confident in their health. That's why my question was more aimed at, how long would them being together be okay (more so how long would it be safe for them)

But while we're on the topic of being condescending, how's it working out for you? 馃檭

I can see what you're getting at though and can agree in that maybe these would be better suited as rescues for a more experienced keeper. Since I run a rescue for other animals, I think it's only natural to want to help when I see an animal not being cared for the way it should be. I hope that makes sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts