Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me and Zach have to build about 6 vivs. So we decided to try and get a bunch of broms from tropiflora. Most of the really cool broms come in $3 offsets and $6 potted. You can get a potluck bulk order of offsets for
10 offsets-$30
Or you can just pick and choose what you want. Here are some of the highlights of hte cargo report. All pictured are Neorogelias and unless otherwise noted ar 3,5,6 dollars apiece.

Neoregelia ‘Fireball’ x punctatissima ‘Rubra’

$15 The Hannibal Lector series Clarise version

Inca x Fireball

Neoregelia (lilliputiana x Fireball) x eltoniana

Royal Flush

Spotted night

Sarah Head

Tangerine

Tiger Cub

One of my favs $7.50 The Zonata

EOZ $3 offsets

These are awesome $6pots, $3 offsets

Zoe $6, pots $3 offsets

Neoregelia ‘Wee Willy’ labeled terrarium worthy $12.50 new hybrid

Sand flea, $7.50 terrarium worthy label

Sun King not labeled terrarium worthy, but I am quite positive it is because i have it in a terrarium with frogs. $5

Neoregelia laevis v. maculata 7.50 not labeled tw

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Wow, beautiful plants. Did you only order the broms which were labeled "great for terrariums"?

Luke

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would make them not viv worthy, size and spikes dont really bother me. I can always find a spot for any brom under 18 inches. Im not sure what exactly i wanted so i thought why not just throw up the highlights and hear some feedback.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like for instance the tiger cub and the sun king. I have both those doing great in vivs right now. They arent labeled terrarium worthy. They are in the loading dock section with no froggy or whatever. Now the Zanato and hte hanibal lector, those i can see being a problem. But i think im going to have to get em cause their amazing.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not an easy choice, there is someone on here who visits them regularly. I think im going to get 25 offsets and 1 or 2 bigger broms. Cause im not sure if the 25 offsets would include any of these pictured or my favorites.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have been there, and you could spend the whole day there easily. There are tons of broms, not to mention all the orchids. I would tell them what types you want, instead of the bulk pack as some of their plants get to large and definitely aren't terrarium worthy. As long as they aren't sitting in water constantly they will do fine. I have most of the above broms and they all do great, I find almost any Neoreglia does good in a frog tank. I would just get the offsets, it is a great way to save money, most have roots already. The pots usually contain one plant, the more plants in the pot the more expensive. I was looking at the fireballs, even though I have tons, and the ones with three or four full grown pups were only like $12.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
On the site it says how big the plants come, but how could you know how big them will grow? I'm starting to look at plants since i'll be planting my 115gl soon.

Luke

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Their website sometimes says max. size, but not on all plants. Most of the terrarium ones stay smaller, you can call and they could set you up with the mini neo's if you wanted in a package deal. Also, try a different website for info on the specific type of the plant. They offer good quality plants here, with good shipping prices.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
...They always seem to have some very interesting plants on their website, but I've never ordered from them, just because ordering looks like a hassle (if they've updated, let me know!)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
The last time I ordered was over the phone, no problem at all. I am planning on ordering Sunday so that they can ship out on Monday. I may just do it online. Also, if you spend $50 you get a free plant, don't know which plant, but its free. Check their order page for info. on that. $50 seems like an easy task, especially when ordering for more than one tank.

·
Registered
986 Posts
They have quality plants, and I really like the Neoregelias. I have several of those listed there, but I got them from rbrightstone (Bob from the Mind's eye). The only problem with Tropiflora is that they always seem to ship one that is obviously not what you ordered and claim it is what was ordered. Case in point: the liliputiana hybrid shown above was ordered, but something 9" tall came in labeled as that hybrid, and has yet to tint red around the edges . . . it's not as claimed. :x

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really like that little looking lilliputiani x fireball thing. I ordered 25 neoros for $50 as opposed to all the variety of species available. Which I had to double check and make sure they would do it. They also said i could tell them some of favorites and try to use these as their guides in picking mine. I hope they do, but either way neoro for $2 apiece aint bad. I bought a roli fireball and annick just to sure i got some ones i really liked. Altogther my order split with zach was $72 for 27 Neorogelias shipped. Not a bad deal. Ive bought many broms from bob and liked most, especially cause i get to see it before i buy it. I just needed like 15 broms and thought why not go the source.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have quite a few lilliputinia x fireball, they produce pups the fastest out of all my broms, I went from 4 to 20 in a few months.

G

·
0 Posts
I ordered some broms from Tropiflora and they were what I wanted. I also ordered a Kaempheria 'silver diamonds'.It is a ginger plant that is supposed to be great for terrariums and is supposed to be a small grower.
Well, this thing came in huge with leaves that were about 12" long and they were about 5" wide.
Not quite what I expected but it is a cool house plant.Another DB member and I ordered the same plant and both were like that.So, I would do a search for the certain broms or plants you are interested in before you buy them.
Mark

1 - 20 of 28 Posts