Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
luckily for us brits the only pdf specific terrarium and frog supply company in the uk is now offering tropical pillow moss as sold by t and c terrariums and tropical sheet moss as sold by blackjungle aswell as kyoto moss spores. I have ordered all three but the live moss comes in very small amounts, 7x7 cm and 4x4cm, my question is have people found that either of these mosses will actually spread through the viv and if so how quickly? im trying to figure out how much i need to buy to begin with. thanks in advance. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My pillow moss has spread, but rather slowly. I have 2x36 watt CF and 2x13watt CF on my tank. The lights are 24 inches from the bottom. It took about a year to cover the bottom of the tank (where the light hits). It also cycled a few times, meaning it appeared to die at first then would go through growing spurts.

For my next tank i plan on going the dutch way and using peat covered by moss. I hear that the peat has all sorts of nice spores in it. Thta should sprout up fun things.

You may want to look at java moss or riccia. The tanks i have seen with those have been lush and over flowing. Those two should be available at almost any fish store or even on ebay.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moss

i already have java and riccia but im always looking to add to my collection. i have a few peat bricks as sold by vivaria projects aswell which will generally grow moss and interesting things over time but it takes quite a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts