Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if Dendroboard already has one of these, but I'm considering Ameerega trivittata as a possible option in the future (not immediately, however), and I was wondering if any of you who keep trivs might want to submit your pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
I just acquired a pair in a trade and am very happy for getting them. They are taking a bit of time getting used to their new home, but the male has been calling for the last few days. If I can just get the female interested in him and breeding, I would be thrilled.

They are a very bright grass green, almost flourescent color, unlike anything else in my collection. I can hear the male calling now from three rooms away, though!

Richard.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I just received a group of four Hualluga Canyon Trivs (aka three-striped green) from UE on Wednesday... Much more stunning in person! I can't wait to get calling! I hope there's at least a pair in there ;). I'll try to get some more photos today... They're popcorn frogs at the moment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't have any photos at the moment but have a group of 8 of the three striped ones. They're some of my favorite frogs! I purchased them from Patrick Nabors and are UE line. I've had them about a year and a half and they just started breeding in the last month. I currently have 32 tadpoles which was only two clutches. My adults were a little shy at first but are fairly bold now. All in all a super cool frog I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
We work with these guys, and they breed pretty well for us.

Photos we took for the website.

An adult male.

Guarding an egg clutch.

Developing egg clutch.

Epipedobates trivittatus tadpole.

Froglet 1 day out of the water.

Froglet 2 weeks out of the water.

Froglet 1 month out of the water.

We have 5 adults in this 140 gallon vivarium.

We actually just posted a guide to care and breeding today:
Josh's Frogs How-To Guides » Blog Archive » Epipedobates trivittatus Care Sheet

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
They're currently considered Ameerega, although they have been considered Epipedobates in the past. The vast majority of people searching for information on trivs still search for 'Epipedobates trivittatus' vs 'Ameerega trivittata' when using a search engine, so that's what we label them as on the website. Check out the care guide - it lists the taxonomic history of the species.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
They're currently considered Ameerega, although they have been considered Epipedobates in the past. The vast majority of people searching for information on trivs still search for 'Epipedobates trivittatus' vs 'Ameerega trivittata' when using a search engine, so that's what we label them as on the website. Check out the care guide - it lists the taxonomic history of the species.
You said "Read the info before asking silly questions" very politely :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am also considering getting trivs. The only question is how loud and especially frequent their calling is in comparisson to E. anthonyi. I have Saladillo and Santa isabell anthonyi and while the Isabell are calling 3-10 times a day in a bearable volume, the Rio Saladillo are calling almost continously every 5-10 seconds from dusk till dawn and are nearly twice as loud. How would you compare trivs to that.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I am also considering getting trivs. The only question is how loud and especially frequent their calling is in comparisson to E. anthonyi. I have Saladillo and Santa isabell anthonyi and while the Isabell are calling 3-10 times a day in a bearable volume, the Rio Saladillo are calling almost continously every 5-10 seconds from dusk till dawn and are nearly twice as loud. How would you compare trivs to that.
Trivs are MUCH louder.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I think I've asked this before, but anyone having luck with the greenbacks? I think those are my favorite morph, but seems not much happened with the imports that came in a couple years ago.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Strange, I was just thinking about this, too.
Ya I think everything else did some breeding and you can find it at least if you are patient and/or know who to ask, and the green 2 strip seem to still be coming in WC semi regularly but nothing on the greenbacks in a long time :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts