Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I just got 3 trivitatta from Understory. They are getting huge! I have only had them for about 4 months and they already seem as big as my azureus.

What do people feed them specifically? They are eating hydei right now but it seems like they will soon want something bigger. Will they eat hydei forever?

I have no problem with roaches. I live in Montana so no worries about escaped roaches. Are there roaches that work well?

I am fine culturing any type of insect. I did bean beetles for awhile. Would those be a good adult foot for the trivs?

Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
My trivs love small crickets, but I have to be careful not to put too many in as I hear they can and will bite sleeping frogs as well as chew on plants. I don't feed them crix often, maybe once a month.

·
Registered
466 Posts
A lot of larger frogs don't mind eating a smaller insect. My terribilis eat mainly hydei, but I also feed them melanos when the hydeis are in between blooms. They like the melanos just fine, I just have to put a lot more in the tank for them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info everyone. It sounds like I will stick with the hydei. I was looking forward to culturing some roaches:( I guess I can always get some to eat table scraps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine have been eating hydei and mels since they were 3 months old. I have a paper which describes their stomach contents in the wild and its is mostly smaller items such as ants so I have tried to keep their foodstuffs in the same size range. Plus smaller items also provide a greater surface area for dusting meaning that I am likely to provide more vitamins than if I were to dust larger items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts