Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always find it so exciting to get first eggs out of a group/pair.

I sat on a waiting list and waited for A. Trivittata Huallaga Canyon for a long time. I got my group and put them in a grow out tank and then just kept feeding them. Yesterday, I heard a lot of calling from them and this is what I found today.

23 eggs!!! :)

Deb

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats! They are one of my favorites.
Mine too, I find them so striking. They were so worth the wait (of course, the pic is from when they were juvies).

How many adults in what size tank> Did you have moving water?
Actually, I thought I'd have to work at it a bit harder. They are still in their grow out tank. It's a heavily planted 20L and I have a group of four. I had put a cocohut in with them as a hide. A couple of months ago I placed a petri dish just for the heck of it. I only checked it every couple of weeks or so. But when I heard all the calling, I made a point of checking the next day. And no, no water feature in the tank. Their viv is near floor level, so a few degrees cooler than the rest of the room.

Deb

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I absolutely love trivs... If I had room for just one more viv, trivs would be in there. Awesome that you are having success with them! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts