Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well all i had to do was drop a few FFs and the two Galacs were out for a shoot!

where as the bassleris... well they i think are more ghost than frog there is four of them, the most ive seen at one time looking in holes and such is 3, but today i could only find half of them, these are the best pics i can get so far :( (the color is amazing, i hope the come to like me and show them off)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VERY shy .... but, its only day three and they are getting better and better. i think that i built the viv a little more towards their liking (ability to hide) compared to my ability to view. but they seem to be active and eating well (understory for the win)

side note the Galac started calling and the female seems to be responsive!!!! its def a great mix when young galacs are thinking of mating :)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
If you provide more hiding spots for your bassleri they will bolden. Mine were really bold for the first two weeks while they explored their viv, then they found the hiding spots and just stayed. When I put four inches (that's not an exaggeration) of leaf litter in the viv they came out... I often see at least two our before they run away when I get too close to the viv.

·
Registered
80 Posts
+1 On the leaf litter, the more the better, along with roots, wood etc. I have 7 Sisa and they are amongst the boldest frogs in my collection, which includes leucs, vents and Azureas.... Thanks to how I decorated my viv with a LOT of leaves and a LOT of wood, creeping ficus etc etc. I usually see at least 4 out, and they never run off, and that's in a viv in my living room. They even like to climb the glass at the front.

The breeder I got them off warned me they were shy, but I've not seen any of this shyness, and I've had them a while now. ;)

Ade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts