Dendroboard banner

What kind of lighting do you have on your Dart tank?

• Compact Florescent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High Pressure Sodium

• Metal Halide

• Other

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,230 Posts
After many trips to home depot and lowes I have foudn these lights and covnerted my imitator hood to hold 2 of them. So far I can say they are working well, my firball is starting to turn red again, and the other plants are growing well.

Leucca said:
I use "Commercial Electric TM daylight 75watt light output Spiral Lamp Compact fluorescent 19watts @ 6500k"

These lights have been tested by the Denver Zoo and from what I hear they put out the same UV full-spectrum light as 5.0 reptile lights. But they only cost $7.97 each @ home depot. Though my Glass Lids are NOT UV Permeable the bright white light they produce have a great effect on plants. Watch close enough and you can see the creeping fig growing.

As for adverse effects on frogs, none yet and have been using them for 14 months on all my frogs. In fact my first pair of breeding Leucs. Have been laying a clutch of eggs every 9-15 days for 9 or 10 months through 2 dry cycles, 3 new Vivariums and a move from across town. I wonder when or if they will ever slow down or stop!! Oh yeah and even a few 50 degree nighttime temperature drops for a few days until I bought a radiant heater for the room in my new home. This temperature did kill 10 Tads. Closest to the outside wall :cry: . All frogs lived :p . I hate learning things the hard way!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.