Dendroboard banner

Tree fern panels

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
:roll: there so ugly i bought two and siliconed for a back ground and they look ugly i hope with some moss and stuff it will make look better. hehe

#5 ·
For those that use tree fern panels - I see that Harry at Cloud Jungle has added them to his inventory this week. Unbelievable price too, 12x12x1 for $4.00!

Donn

G
#6 ·
i've been using the panels for parts of the hardscape when a simple viv design is wanted and for the back wall. I love dumping moss spores or the slurry on the panels before glueing them up. i have used them to stuff cutting and rooted cutting into, nice! i love them so much i bought a ton from harry to sell at my site too! He panels, i maybe it's jst me, seem to hold up a bit better then those that are nicely packaged down at the lizard shop...my 2 cents

G
#8 ·
Scott said:
I like TFR panels - but I don't like the way they are collected.

Pull up a Tree Fern. Cut the root ball. Leave the Tree Fern to die.

Not very renewable.

I no longer use Tree Fern Root for anything.

s
I never knew that. where did you learn this, that's sad. i don't much like wasting life. mine or anyones-anything elses. Let know where you read that please.

#9 ·
I can't give you a reference on it. But that is what is done.

Tree Fern Root panels are the root balls of Fern Trees.

They dig out the root balls and slice and dice them.

Not a renewable product.

I've been switching over to Coco for most everything. I don't like coco panel backgrounds so I've been doing other things.

s

G
#10 ·
hmm.

i've used silicone with peat or soils added and wire mesh cloth with vivarium mortar. both work. tfp is something i've been playing with as a landscape tool, and aid in back wall design...next product please 8-/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.