Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a frog I would love to work with one day and Im very curious to see who is currently working with them and successfully breeding them. Please post if you are having luck with this frog.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I was.....They are amazing looking frogs.....I found some by chance.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'd suggest working with a few other thumbnails before these if you haven't before, they're known to be less forgiving than many others and don't breed as well. They are definitely some damn beautiful frogs to be sure.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
I was on a wait list for a long time for my trio, and am currently on ANOTHER list to get unrelated frogs to add to my group. One issue with these frogs is that there is really only the original bloodline as far as I know, with maybe a little other blood from the EU here and there, so getting unrelated animals for a breeding program can be a bit tricky

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd suggest working with a few other thumbnails before these if you haven't before, they're known to be less forgiving than many others and don't breed as well. They are definitely some damn beautiful frogs to be sure.
Thanks for the advice, but I am not a noob lol. I have a several pumilio and thumbs in my collection now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was on a wait list for a long time for my trio, and am currently on ANOTHER list to get unrelated frogs to add to my group. One issue with these frogs is that there is really only the original bloodline as far as I know, with maybe a little other blood from the EU here and there, so getting unrelated animals for a breeding program can be a bit tricky
Who is the ANOTHER list?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm working with 5 groups of adults, plus some newly aquired froglets. I recently lost my 12 year old male, also the best breeder, so I'm holding back all my froglets until things get going again.

I don't do wait lists, but I will have froglets available at Frog Day.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm working with 5 groups of adults, plus some newly aquired froglets. I recently lost my 12 year old male, also the best breeder, so I'm holding back all my froglets until things get going again.

I don't do wait lists, but I will have froglets available at Frog Day.
Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
I have heard that they do well in groups. Darren has 5 in an 18 vert and is getting consistent breeding. I am hoping to have two groups of 5 each in a 27 hex, or if that seems to present problems, I will split animals into smaller groups comprised of all non sibling animals. Highland lamasi have always been my favorite frog.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts