Dendroboard banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The terribilis build that's been sputtering along in my house for the last couple years got some attention today. I finally put down some window screen and turface, finished stuffing sphagnum and turface as far as I could into gaps behind my background, and started processing plants.

I did some plants for a few tanks, and I stuck my forefinger deep into a Neoregelia to wash, where it formed a near-perfect suction hold on my poor appendage. I quickly realized that bromeliads must be the inspiration for Chinese finger traps. The spines made extraction a little more challenging than the infamous children's toys, but I was fortunate enough to come away without any punctures or tiny cuts. I cannot say the same for the sphagnum-stuffing process, however. Still, I think it should be stressed that certain bromeliads are perfect for finger torture. Beware.

Anyway, I'm getting really, really close to finishing this terribilis build, which means that I'm one step closer to a pair of fat, minty globs of frog.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts