Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great looking frogs!

I would love to figure out how to get really good pics of tads morphing out. Quite a few of the tads do get their colors before they morph out. We have had some success putting their containers over a white background with a 10,000 Kelvin light above them. Then taking the pic with no flash. If you reduce the water level it helps you get a little better pic as well. Still playing with it though......

G

·
All I have is red x's now...
But to take pics of tads morphing, well mainlt thumbnails because I keep them in mason jars, it to make sure I they are in clean water, and I fill the jar up at least 1/2 way. I then also use a side light with no flash. I then place the lens almost in the jar, and wait for the tad to hold still.
Here is one picture I have using this method.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well you have to feed them Kyle :lol:

Throw the flies not in the broms but on the ground and they will come out the plants....uuh there are plants in the tank i assume?
I bought some lamasi from someone and he said he never saw them. When I was there to pick them up I saw setup in the tank..no plants ..well just a one small plant and a lot of moss where they were under hiding. I put two bromelia's in their new tank and no problem seeying them.

nice pics of the vents btw

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
LOL, I feed them, and the tank is planted, 3-4 broms, and leaf litter on the ground. They are out but run when you enter the room. I hope to get more from another line someday, and then put them in a different tank but for now they are fine. Next tank will not have the broms.

Marcus said:
Well you have to feed them Kyle :lol:

Throw the flies not in the broms but on the ground and they will come out the plants....uuh there are plants in the tank i assume?
I bought some lamasi from someone and he said he never saw them. When I was there to pick them up I saw setup in the tank..no plants ..well just a one small plant and a lot of moss where they were under hiding. I put two bromelia's in their new tank and no problem seeying them.

nice pics of the vents btw

·
Registered
77 Posts
I forgot to say that I must agree that vents are one of my less seeying thumbs. But they don't jump away when I come in but they are always in the broms...like in the wild..there they were also always shy. The pic on my site of the vent (Habitat French Guiana) took me over one hour. He was so fast and inmediatly going down in the bromelia that i could not focus. After waiting and waiting he was coming out and run straight forward to me.

If I compare to my amazonicus..i must say the amazonicus is less shy i always see these frogs even if I open the doors...just my experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts