Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
8,734 Posts
Hi Devin,

Nice pics.

I'm wondering if the orangish tinge on the rump of the Expectata will stay that color. I've not seen that before.

And... do you do your own Cricket breeding?

s

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Great pics devin, the aurantiaca look great. A few of mine are that bright already as well. What type of plant/moss is that in the middle of that first aurantiaca pic? The expectata looks good as well. Congrats,

Ed Parker

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm wondering if the orangish tinge on the rump of the Expectata will stay that color
I'm curious about that myself. I purchased them from Darasiri when she sold all of her collection in August. She later emailed me and said that the frogs, along with some tadpoles I purchased from her, could be any number of mantella species including "blushing mantellas" which are a color varient of expectata that have a redish back. I'll give them another six months to finish developing their adult coloration, but if their coloration doesn't change, then they probably are some of her blushing mantellas rather than the standard expectata.

do you do your own Cricket breeding?
I do, so far so good. I just stick little dishes of soil in with my adult crickets for a day or two, keep them warm, and then when the eggs start to hatch I put the container in one of my terrariums.

What type of plant/moss is that in the middle of that first aurantiaca pic?
I think that's little sprig of pillow moss. I crushed up some old dry dicranium pillow moss and mixed it into my soil mixture. Little pieces are coming back to life in many of my terrariums, kind of cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts